Kelvy Bird has been working in the field of human development within organizational contexts since 1995, with a focus on collaboration, innovation, leadership, and collective intelligence. Her joy is in harnessing group creativity for projects that cultivate learning and connectivity. She’s been part of co-creating the Presencing Institute‘s Global Forum, Global Classrooms, online community spaces, and now serves as Creative Developer for ongoing PI initiatives, including as a member of the core team for Otto Scharmer’s edX offering: u.lab: Leading from the Emerging Future, launched January 2015.
Kelvy also works as a visual facilitator, supporting groups with live translation of content and dynamics into tangible images, to aid with reflection and decision-making. Long-standing partners have included: dpict llc, The Value Web, MIT Exec Education, Harvard Ed School, The Ashland Institute, Dialogos, and MG Taylor, as well as Fortune 500 and local community organizations alike.
An artist at core, Kelvy addresses threads of personal inquiry that include the blossoming of human presence, the state of the heart, and the nature of cohesion. Through entirely abstract, subjective mark-making, she wraps her spirit around the complexities of our times and finds tap roots of sense.
Kelvy received her BFA in painting and BA in Art History from Cornell University. Her current residence is Somerville, MA USA.
- Presencing Institute | Creative Development, MITx u.lab core team 2007-Present
- MIT Executive Education | 2009-Present
- Harvard School of Education | Learning Innovations Lab 2009-Present
- World Economic Forum | (w/The Value Web) 2007-Present
- SOL Ed: Camp Snowball | Systems Thinking for Educators 2011-2015
- Society for Organizational Learning | Leadership materials (with RLH Consulting) 2010-2013
- The Ashland Institute | Adjunct faculty for Coming Into Your Own programs 2002-2008
- Dialogos | Content and knowledge base integrator 1998-2008
- Capgemini’s Accelerated Solutions Environment | Environment and event designer, process facilitator, scribe, and systems integrator 1996-2005
- CGEY Center for Business Innovation | Graphic facilitator 1999-2002
- MG Taylor’s Knowhere Stores | Merchandise development for tools in the knowledge economy 1997-1998
- MG Taylor Corp | Systems integrator and knowledgeworker for DesignShops 1995-1998
- Consensus Development | Office manager for startup in collaborative technologies 1993-1995
- Color Inserts: Theory U: Leading from the Future as It Emerges, Otto Scharmer, Berrett-Koehler, 2016. Order on Amazon
- Drawn Together Through Visual Practice, an anthology edited by Brandy Agerbeck, Kelvy Bird, Sam Bradd & Jennifer Shepherd, 2016. Order on Amazon
- Noteworthy: Inc. Magazine, included in an article on “The Art of Inspiration“, February 2014
- Portfolio: Salamander, a magazine for poetry, fiction, & memoirs, Suffolk University, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2007
- Cover Art: Biography of Water, by Carrie Bennett, The Word Works Press, 2005
- Diagrams: Who Really Matters: The Core Group Theory, by Art Kleiner, Doubleday, 2003
- “On Viewing”, NEXT: Arte e Cultura, Italian Publication. March-May, 1990
- BA in Modern Art History, Cornell University 1989
- BFA in Painting, Cornell University 1988